top of page
A light-filled new loft in a solid old office tower.
When Imperial Oil commissioned its headquarters in 1957, the Cold War was at its coldest. The era’s constant bomb anxiety may be why this entire 22-storey office tower is framed with extra-sturdy welded steel. The company also spared no expense on the limestone-clad exterior and marble-lined lobby, Inside the unit, a 16-foot wall of windows is all that remains of the old cafeteria that once took up the ninth floor.
bottom of page